Mimi presenting an ETS paper on distorted Bible translations
Transform Church Leadership
Barring women from using their God-given talents is an injustice that diminishes the gospel and its impact in the world.
CBE partners with denominations, seminaries, universities, and NGOs worldwide to promote the Bible’s call for women and men to co-lead and co-serve as equals. The church becomes stronger by releasing God’s gifts in women and men.
Advocating for biblical gender equality among Christian institutions like ETS is a priority at CBE because they have a far-reaching impact on gender policies, Bible translations, and Christian work globally. Patriarchal distortion of Scripture and theology continues to be influential. Yet together, we’ve made progress advancing the biblical basis for women's leadership. Please help CBE grow egalitarian theology and accurate Bible translation!
The number of female seminarians and clergy has increased over the last 10 years. Yet in the US, women serve as senior or solo pastors in only 11% of congregations, which make up just 6% of all people who attend religious services. About 1 in 5 mainline and African American Protestant churches are led by women, compared to only 3% of congregations within evangelical traditions.* Teams with men and women in leadership are stronger!
*Religious Congregations in 21st Century America, National Congregations Study, Duke University, 2012
- Host 2,000+ free articles and lectures on the Bible and gender at cbeinternational.org
- Produce and distribute globally the award-winning academic journal, Priscilla Papers
- Customize distribution of CBE special edition journals for academic and pastoral audiences, such as ETS
- Host global conferences that assemble top theologians and church leaders
- Host exhibits at strategically important Christian conferences
- Partner with seminaries and universities
- Translate and contextualize key resources for international partners
- Provide digital downloads of translations free of charge
Your gift will help expand the impact of CBE's work with leaders of denominations, seminaries, and other Christian organizations around the world.
For an example of CBE scholarship, read Preserving the Trinity, CBE's 2016 special edition journal sent to ETS members in North America.